Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hamlet

It's my turn to post (Leslie here) about seeing Hamlet last night. I'm going to keep it short, but sweet. I've studied Hamlet in college and graduate school, I've seen three productions on stage, and I've watched all the movie versions of the play. Watching the play last night was like seeing it for the first time--Jude Law is by far the best Hamlet I can ever hope to see. He inhabits the role and gives it a freshness and life that is completely illuminating. He puts everything he has into this production, and I feel privileged to have experienced it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i so agree with you. i had the privilege of seeing jude perform in london and at the broadhurst in new york. his interpretation was so charismatic and intense you hung on every word. he is the hamlet for this and any other generation. everyone should have the opportunity of seeing this dedicated actor give new meaning to shakespeare's text.